There are many cultural hotspots throughout the United States and towards the end of the year, the spotlight falls upon the city of Miami, FL. Fairs such as Art Basel Miami Beach, Pinta Miami, UNTITLED, and many more take place during the first week of December, some starting as early as November 30th. If you have not had yet the chance to visit these fairs, or really do not know what to expect, here is a small summary of what you might encounter throughout this busy week.
Art Basel Miami Beach
This is one of the most important artistic and international events taking place in the United States. Its first edition was in 2002 and has continued ever since. With a geographic location that stands in “the middle” of North America and Latin America, Art Basel Miami Beach gathers a variety of gallerists and artists for exhibitions that will showcase a diversity of styles, techniques, and experiences. You will find a map of their exhibition’s layout here. The Fair will also entail a series of lectures and other activities besides the exhibitions for its visitors.
- Where: Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive, Miami Beach, FL 33139
- When: December 2 to December 4, open to the public.
- Entrance Fee: Varies. For more information you can go to their website.
Established in 2006, this art fair has as its aim to set a space for visibility for Ibero American and Latin American artists. This year they have created a hybrid exhibition with the option of joining the fair online or coming in physically at the venue. There will also be lectures and new incorporations to their program, you can find out more on their page.
- Where: 225 NE 34th Street Miami, FL 33137
- When: December 2 to December 5, open to the public.
- Entrance Fee: Varies. For more information you can go here.
The New Art Dealers Alliance (NADA) is a non-profit organization composed of art dealers, gallerists, and such, that seeks to exhibit the work of emergent, non-established artists. The project started in 2003 and has expanded to a fair in New York (NADA New York). You will be able to seek the work of artists who have not had the chance to be in the spotlight, but whose work has started to bud in the world of contemporary art.
- Where: 1400 North Miami Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
- When: December 1st to December 4
- Entrace Fee: Booking by time slot, must make a reservation.
Founded in 2012, UNTITLED Miami seeks to incorporate contemporary artwork that reflects the spirit of the current art world, with new and innovative techniques as well as conceptual wholesomeness. Celebrated on the sands of Miami Beach, the venue allows for a refreshing experience for its attendants.
- Where: Ocean Drive and 12th Street, Miami Beach, Florida
- When: November 30th to December 4
- Entrance Fee: Varies. Find more information here.
Your Local Art Gallery
With all these great art fairs happening simultaneously, let us not forget that local art galleries will join in the celebration of Miami Art Week. With exhibitions inspired by the contemporary edge of these exhibitions, be sure to make a visit to galleries near you and join in the celebration of one of the most acclaimed art seasons in the world.
- Where: 4213 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables, FL 33146
- When: December 3rd
- Entrance Fee: No Fees